In General. We may collect information that can identify you such as your name and email address ("personal information") and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through a website or a mobile application. By using the Service, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Service. When you provide personal information through our Service, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and countries around the world.
Information we collect:
Information collected automatically: When you use Curtsy, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or mobile device and your activities. This information includes:
1. Mobile Device ID. Your mobile device's unique ID number (e.g., IMEI).
2. Geographic Location. Your mobile device's geographic location when you first register for Curtsy through our mobile app.
3. Device Information/Specifications. Technical information about your computer or mobile device (e.g., type of device, web browser or operating system, IP address) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information.
4. Length and Extent of Usage. How long you used Curtsy and which services and features you used.
6. Web Beacons: “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with cookies in order to further personalize Curtsy for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers, such as whether an email has been opened or acted upon.
Information you provide:
Information you provide. In order to register as a user with Curtsy, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other Curtsy users. You will also be asked to allow Curtsy to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Service. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Service or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. You may also provide us photos, a personal description and information about your gender and preferences for recommendations, such as search distance, age range and gender. If you chat with other Curtsy users, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
How we use the information
1. facilitate matches with other Curtsy users;
2. respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
3. communicate with you about Curtsy and related offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
4. monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
5. investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities; and
6. provide, maintain, and improve Curtsy and our overall business
Use for Research. In addition to the uses outlined above, by using Curtsy, you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to continue our research into successful relationships, including how to create and foster these relationships, so that we may continue to improve the Curtsy experience. This research may be published in our blogs or interviews. However, all of your responses will be kept anonymous, and we assure you that no personal information will be published.
With whom we share your information
• Service providers: We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Service functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Service. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
• Other Situations. We may disclose your information, including personal information:
In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.